Bjerre Mølle (Bjerre Mill) is an octagonal Dutch windmill, whose wooden frame is roofed with red tiles. The mill is built in1860, but was first appraised by the fire insurance company in 1865. The 20th October 1860 the mill was ready for grinding grain in three different grinding mills.
The mill hat and the 13.5 meter rotor blades were initially manually yawed, and the wings were canvas covered. West of the mill stands a now empty engine house in which a kerosene engine was installed in 1908 to help on windless days.
Four years later the mill was modernized with a giring wind rose and louvre and folding wings. The former meant that the blades automatically turned into the wind and the latter that the blade area was regulated by the force of the wind.
Moreover the mill was rebuilt, so the roofing of the mill body became roofing felt, as the pointing of the tiles fell off when the grinding mills were working.
At the same time windows were installed.
The mill was in operation until 1955 and was by then rather decayed.
The decay progressed further forward, but in 1974 Bjerre Møllefond (Bjerre Mill Fund) was formed, and during a four years period the members got the mill restored. The mill was again covered with tiles, several of which were the original ones. The yawing wind rose is still there, and the wings of the mill were again painted white and prepared for canvas covering. The turbine wings were replaced in 2010.
The mill is the only preserved tiled mill in Denmark.
The mill is always open for visitors.